New dgx670 user frustrations

Reaction score
Can someone help kick-start me with my new piano I just got yesterday? I have several frustrations.

If I'm playing along and I get to the chorus of a song and I think it would be nice to bring in some subtle background strings I'm not exactly sure how just to turn the strings on for the chorus and how to set the volume of them so they're not overwhelming and then be able to remove them when the next verse comes along, and then easily add them back in for the next chorus.

I've been trying to go into that screen that has a voice and then a layer voice and then a left voice and trying to make the main voice the piano and the layer voice the movie strings, but then I don't know if I can save it so that I can call it back up or do I have to create it new every time I want to use it? Lowered the volume of the strings in the settings but since I don't know how to save it as a little setup I don't know how to recall it and if it will recall with the volume settings, layer, style, tempo I set. I also don't understand why when I turn on the styles it makes the main voice and the layered voice not cover the entire keyboard the left hand becomes just some kind of other non-voice and I don't want that, I always want the main voice and the layer voice to cover the entire keyboard ...and I will just not use the left voice because I'm not that kind of player although I would like to have a second layer but I don't know if this keyboard does that. but I'm frustrated because I don't know how to stop it.

I had tried the left voice and tried to make it the same as the main voice so that I wouldn't notice that it was just on the left part but then the layer voice doesn't cover the whole keyboard and the left voice gets added at some other octave it's not even properly situated in the octave at the lower part of the keyboard so it's very frustrating for me.

I understand these options of changing the octave and splitting the keyboard are nice for some people but it seems weird to me that the default is to do that and not let it be a special setting, because now I'm trying to figure out how to undo all that.

Thanks for any guidance.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Doug,
Your questions are too complex for quick answers.
You need to download the manual and patiently search through for operational methods of style and voice selection etc. .
This video may assist.
What a beautiful instrument you have.
Not sure if anyone on this forum owns one or not. Not me I am sorry.
Enjoy and good luck.
Rob

Ask a Question