Digital connection for Kurzweil PC 361

Reaction score
It does not look like you can, the input to the Behringer is analogue via the phono connections, with presumably the output phono connections going to an amp or PA.

The S/PDIF digital connection on the Behringer is looking like it is output only, this would normally be connected to the corresponding input on your computers audio card.

From the Behringer I would expect audio via USB to your computer.

I see that Behringer have recording software available.

The Kenable unit does look like it will do what you seek, but I suggest you only buy it on the basis of being able to return it in case it does not function.

Does your computer actually have a SPDIF connection?

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Just a thought, the PC3's analog outputs (at least mine) are pretty quiet. is there any reason why you wouldn't convert your L/R analog outputs of your PC3 to RCA using two of these: Link then run a pair of RCA lines Link between the PC3 and your Behringer RCA inputs, then the Behinger USB to the computer?

Reaction score
Biggles, Delaware Dave

Thanks for the suggestions.
One really feels at home on this forum.
There's always someone to offer a hand.

Biggles yes you were right SPDIF is out only...
Delaware Dave, yes I'm using connectors.

I just wanted to check if there's any option to record from Kurzweil digitally.

Maybe I can try to connect it with SPDIF on the computer directly?

Mayo

Reaction score
Digital connections from your Kursweil to a computer is via MIDI signalling which is not the digital audio that I have been presuming you have been trying to achieve by your comments on SPDIF.

A simple USB A to B cable connected will achieve MIDI signalling but it is a long road learning the ins and outs of the dark art that is MIDI.

Ask a Question