Drum KIt - Notes Play too - DGX660

Reaction score
Title pretty much says my problem. If I select a drum kit voice, when I hit a key it plays the sound for the drum (or whatever it is supposed to play) AND it plays the piano too.

I tried turning the keyboard off and on, didn't make any difference.

None of the features are on, ie. Harmony, Dual, etc. I did try turning on ACMP and it made no difference.

Any thoughts?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It sounds like two voices are layered together, the drum kit and the piano voice, but you said that Dual is off.

Is the DGX connected to another device? I'm wondering if the outgoing MIDI is getting sent back to the DGX and being sounded with the GM1 Acoustic Grand Piano voice?

Reaction score
Are you hooked up to a computer? If so, you may be experiencing a MIDI loop and inadvertantly triggering another sound thru the MIDI loop. Is there a PC program or DAW that you are using?

Grace,
Harry

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you. Both saying relatively the same thing.

I am hooked to a PC. The learning software I am using is Playground Sessions, and it scores my accuracy by reading the midi as I play.

I had everything shut down this evening, and I just hooked back up and it is working correctly. So I am thinking maybe disconnect from the PC when it happens ad see if that clears it up.

I'll post back how it goes.

Reaction score
Well, this cropped up again.

So mentioning everything shut down above, I tried that. Didn't fix it. So, I pulled the usb that goes to the midi on the keyboard, and that fixed it...only when that cable is not plugged in.

@MusicwithHarry The USB is going to a PC, using a program from Playground Sessions, which I use as a teacher.

This seems intermittent. Any thoughs on how to resolve this?

Reaction score
It sounds like two voices are layered together, the drum kit and the piano voice, but you said that Dual is off.

Is the DGX connected to another device? I'm wondering if the outgoing MIDI is getting sent back to the DGX and being sounded with the GM1 Acoustic Grand Piano voice?
@SeaGtGruff...you are a life saver. I was thinking dual voice too.

It was plugged into my PC for the training app I use (PGS). I unplugged it, and it stopped.

That is the second time having the Midi hooked up to my PC has bitten me. I just went into the PGS app, and I had Piano sound volume up. I'd never realized it playaed that, as when I'm already playing piano I never heard it.

So turning down the volume on Piano in that app fixes it too.

Many thanks.

Ask a Question