Fantom 06 Pedal for Keyboard Switch Groups

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if you guys know if is it possible to assign a switch pedal like de BOSS FS-6 to the Keyboard Switch Groups to move back and forth ? Thanks!

Reaction score
Thanks, but my biggest concern actually is the option to use a pedal (regardless of compatibility) to jump from one group to another, I haven't found information about this and I haven't been able to achieve this :(

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It entirely depends on what pedal inputs you have.

If it's a continuous controller CC input then it can only control variable functions, like volume or filter cutoff.

If it's a sostenuto or soft pedal or damper then it's an SPST switch.

If it's an A-B toggle, then it's a SPDT switch.

The wiring doesn't match up.

Reaction score
Thanks, but my biggest concern actually is the option to use a pedal (regardless of compatibility) to jump from one group to another, I haven't found information about this and I haven't been able to achieve this :(
Nope, can't do it. The manual lists all the functions you can assign pedals to, and that isn't one of them. But what you can do is create Scenes that have the same sound setups that your various Keyboard Switch Groups setups do, and place those scenes adjacent to each other, either on a scene page or in a scene chain. That should work because you can use pedals for the Scene Up and Scene Down functions, either in general or from within a scene chain. (Page 165 of the reference manual.)

It entirely depends on what pedal inputs you have.
No, the answer to his question depended on whether the keyboard supported this function, not what pedal inputs it has. As is common, the Fantom-0 supports both continuous and switch-style pedals, but the function he wants just isn't in the board, regardless of its pedal input jacks (or how many pedals it supports of what type). Though as I said, there is another possible way to accomplish the goal, even though using a pedal to change Keyboard Switch Groups is not something the board can do.

If it's a continuous controller CC input then it can only control variable functions, like volume or filter cutoff.

If it's a sostenuto or soft pedal or damper then it's an SPST switch.

If it's an A-B toggle, then it's a SPDT switch.

The wiring doesn't match up.

As it happens, all 3 pedal jacks on the Fantom-0 are capable of supporting either kind of pedal, switch or continuous. One of the three, labeled damper, is dedicated to sustain pedal use, where you can connect either an on/off footswitch for use as a basic sustain pedal, or you can use a continuous damper pedal--which is essentially a continuous foot controller that springs back--for half-dampering (and there is a setting to change appropriately). The other two pedal jacks (which have extensively definable functions, globally or per scene) allow you to plug in either kind of pedal (switch or continuous). Interestingly, there's no setting where you need to tell it what kind of pedal you've attached, so it seems that, in any jack, a footswitch will send just the min and max values, while a continuous foot controller will send the full range of 0-127 (or in the case of the two non-damper jacks, any range you've specified within those numbers).

Ask a Question