First single from an upcoming album - Breaking Away

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals, here is the first single from my bands upcoming album, released 2 weeks ago in Iceland. In this recording you can really hear the acoustics of the studio we recorded in on the Hammond - Leslie combo, Hof culture centre.

I have uploaded a photo of the room we used for Hammond and piano but I included it here as well.

Please enjoy!

Attachments

• 12002915_10205261799726736_7741889958639652064_n.jpg
    12002915_10205261799726736_7741889958639652064_n.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 434

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Beautiful lyrics and harmonies Hansi.

I enjoyed it a lot.

Here's hoping it goes platinum :)

Gary ;)

EDIT >> You might want to remix the audio on the video. When it hits the bridge it totally starts clipping on Youtube.

Reaction score
Fantastic! Beautiful first couple of minutes, but I really enjoyed it when the drumbeat kicked in :)

I hope it is the success it deserves to be :)

Reaction score
Thanks guys, we're really hoping that the single will break in Iceland at least and really looking forward to getting the record as a whole ready which will hopefully be in March/April.

Thanks for the pointer Gary, we were intending to fix it either way as we noticed that the audio-video sync wasn't 100% after uploading (Youtube was messing up our sync).

CowboyNQ: Yup, we recruited Sam last time GOT was shooting in Iceland ;)

Reaction score
Thank you act fisherman. We will be bringing out 2 more songs in the end of February/beginning of March. I will add them here once they are out

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I just gave it another play Hansi.

You cleaned up the clipping quite nicely.

That sort of tune would sell nicely in Western Canada and the Southwestern US as well.

Your manager should consider submitting it to a few North American Country And Western Labels as well.

The piece fits very nicely in the C&W Folk genre.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for that Gary!

We're currently looking for representation and looking to break into the American market so if you know of anyone good who might consider taking on a few Icelandic musicians please let me know ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's like anything else in life. Ya gotta do the legwork.

Put together a demo concert video and start dialing up the local booking agents.

Country music is popular in all the rural areas of Canada and the US and there are literally thousands of small clubs and bars looking to book fresh musical acts.

While he was alive, Long John Baldry did a hell of a lot of touring in Northern Ontario.

No matter what, touring sells albums and you guys have to establish some name recognition over here before you get any radio air play.

Here's a quick google of Toronto Booking Agencies for your manager to start dialing up.

https://www.google.ca/search?num=10...ng+agencies&oq=toronto+music+booking+agencies

Tell him to get off his ass, pick up a phone and start earning his 10% :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question