First-time buyer

Reaction score
Hi,

I have never bought a keyboard before and have difficulty deciding a few things, whether i want/ or should buy a synth or a master keyboard.From my understanding, or remote observation a synth tends to lack keys whilst have alot more controls and a master keyboard is actually in between a stage keyboard and synth (doesn't play sound but can be used in conjunction with software synths).

I've wanted to get something which would offer me range of style, from some grand piano to things like strings, choir etc. but more digital synth, something along the lines of Jean Michel Jarre's work.

I am hoping to avoid going over 300euros for my 1st keyboard, but i'm hoping to get tips on a keyboard which would offer me range of play, i have been looking at the m-audio keystation 88 es, but i've read reviews which are conflicting making it difficult to decide.

so here it is in summary
Price range : 200 - 300 euros
Style : Various (Strings/Piano/Choir etc.)
Keys : a decent amount, something for decent range of sound
Key type : I hear weighted keys are very good, but most budget keyboards tend to go semi-weighted and light, so whatever suggested here.

Any assistance would be great.

Ask a Question