First Time Keyboard Buyer

Reaction score
As you can tell from the title I am new to buying Keyboards. To help me select a model I will give the requirements I will need the keyboard to perform. If its possible, can I get a few models to select from. I like the look and design of the M-Audio Oxygen 49.

1. I will need the keyboard to play samples. For example I purchased the samples of a Vox Continental Organ and wish to play the samples through the keyboard.

2. I don't know how important the control tabs are such as pitch etc. But if those are essential to having a good sound then please factor that into your suggestions.

3. As most musicians I am on a budget, so please suggest models which fall under $200.

Thanks for your time and hopefully this will help me decide.:D

The Y_man

Reaction score
So let me clarify - in "keyboard-speak" you are really after a USB controller?

i.e. the keyboard itself doesn't make any sounds - it just acts as a "remote control" for a virtual synth on a PC

Is that right?

The Y-man

Reaction score
Ok thank you. The sample banks I've obtained, Vox Continental with 49 samples and Mellotron with 35. I only wish to play one at a time. Would you recommend the 49key M-Audio? Thanks

Reaction score

The Y_man

Reaction score
Ok thank you. The sample banks I've obtained, Vox Continental with 49 samples and Mellotron with 35. I only wish to play one at a time. Would you recommend the 49key M-Audio? Thanks

It's not about what you want to do now - but some time not too far in the future.

61 keys just gives you so much more flexibility later on.

The Y-man

Ask a Question