Georgia On My Mind

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Nice!
It is a fav of mine.
Your version is rather bouncy.
I like it more soulful and bluesy. That is the way I play it.
Well done, I enjoyed.
Ray

Reaction score
Hi Ray.

Thanks for your comment.

I am also a fan of slow blues and agree the song does suit that style very well.

To be honest, I don't play the same song with the same style every time. I just decided to record this one this way.

I sometimes will also play it with a Bossa style, either with a slow or medium beat.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Gary.

Den

Reaction score
I like playing this but I am not as good as you. Loved the chords over the top, will probably try to copy them and write them to my sheet. Thanks for posting. Regards. Den.

Reaction score
I like playing this but I am not as good as you. Loved the chords over the top, will probably try to copy them and write them to my sheet. Thanks for posting. Regards. Den.
Hi Den.

Thanks for the comment and glad you enjoyed listening. I'm sure you play it very well. We are all critical of our own performance. Also glad you found the chord symbols handy.

All the best,

Gary.

Reaction score
Gary. Loved the way you played that! Your improvisation of the melody really made the piece 'flow'. And the STYLE you used suited the song so well. Having played piano in a band myself, that 'repeating piano' in the background was the icing on the cake.

And as I 'play by ear' (well, play from chords and play the melody 'by ear') those chords you have shown over the top will be really useful for me to have a go at playing this song myself on my Tyros 4.

Hugh

Reaction score
Gary. Loved the way you played that! Your improvisation of the melody really made the piece 'flow'. And the STYLE you used suited the song so well. Having played piano in a band myself, that 'repeating piano' in the background was the icing on the cake.

And as I 'play by ear' (well, play from chords and play the melody 'by ear') those chords you have shown over the top will be really useful for me to have a go at playing this song myself on my Tyros 4.

Hugh
Hello Hugh.

Thankyou for your kind words. I love playing these swing and jazz standards with a piano tone for the melody and a backing that's not too over the top. I would like to play piano, but my left hand isn't developed enough. Having come from an organ background, I only use my left hand for playing chords. This is fine for arranger keyboards, but leaves my piano performances sounding empty.

Glad you enjoyed the performance and found the chord symbols useful.

Regards,

Gary.

Ask a Question