gigging keyboard

Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading. Right now I have a Juno di and a Yamaha sy 85. I really don't like the juno's touch and wanted a keyboard with semi-weighted keys. I find my hands hurt from not having keys that don't have a bit of depth or give.

Our band plays mostly blues/classic/jam rock from the 60's 70's. I'm thinking of a board with descent organ, electric and acoustic pianos, clav and some strings.

Can this be found in one Keyboard? I've played a nord electro 3 73 and liked that, but found the acoustic piano wasn't that impressive. The Korg m-50 88 felt pretty good but a little to heavy to carry. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply and help bwhli,

The Motif looks like a great keyboard but I was looking for something under $2000 at most. The weight of the Motif would be a problem also. I'm looking for something under 30lbs or so. The Mox8 may be an option or maybe something used. I don't know if they make a Mox7.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Yamaha does not have a MOX7 for whatever reason. A MOX6 might be too small for your needs. I was never a fan of 61 key boards myself. Would you be interested in Roland keyboards?

Reaction score
No I wouldn't get another 61 key keyboard. My Juno Di is a Roland. I might consider a Roland, but I'm not to happy with some the sounds this one has. It is their cheapest synth (for 61 keys) and for what it is, it's pretty good overall. I think the Fantom and Jupiter are really nice, but way out of my reach. I don't know much about the Juno Stage, but from what I've heard it sounds interesting.

Ask a Question