Good Ampli for Keyboard

Reaction score
Please guide me. I am planning to buy a new amplifier for keyboard. I found Roland that cost $110 but I thinks its for Guitar. Guitar Amplifier will have a good sound when I used it for Keyboard?Thank you.

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest if its recommended to buy a small mixer then plug a speaker alternate for keyboard amplifier?

Reaction score
Please guide me. I am planning to buy a new amplifier for keyboard.....
Guitar Amplifier will have a good sound when I used it for Keyboard?

Depends on what keyboard you're using!

My Hammond & Electro sound great though a Marsall amp - if you're looking for a Jon Lord-type sound.

Generally a guitar amp doesn't work well for keys for (mainly) 2 reasons -

1 - the frequency range of a guitar is more limited than a keyboard - top & lower end frequencies don't 'respond'.

2 - *most* keyboard sounds are meant to be heard 'clean'. Guitar amps 'colour' the sound.

PS: I would add that at the price you mentioned, you won't find anything even half-decent (unless you're VERY lucky!).

Reaction score
Depends on what keyboard you're using!

My Hammond & Electro sound great though a Marsall amp - if you're looking for a Jon Lord-type sound.

Generally a guitar amp doesn't work well for keys for (mainly) 2 reasons -

1 - the frequency range of a guitar is more limited than a keyboard - top & lower end frequencies don't 'respond'.

2 - *most* keyboard sounds are meant to be heard 'clean'. Guitar amps 'colour' the sound.

PS: I would add that at the price you mentioned, you won't find anything even half-decent (unless you're VERY lucky!).

My Keyboard is Casio CTK-5000. Here is the link can you help me sir, I am really beginner in Keyboard. http://www.casio.com/products/Musical_Instruments/Portable/CTK-5000 here is the link on my keyboard. Thank you

Ask a Question