Good keyboard amp?

Reaction score
Traynor K4

Hi there
I think you should focus on this amp by wwwtraynoramps.com.....
Traynor K4
It may be the best sounding amp for all synth & keyboard players I'm going to pick this one up sometime this year as my 1st amp.
A salesman from West L.A. Music turned me onto this unit and i've checked the specs and it's of the charts...goodluck...let us all know what your thoughts are on this amp....;)
You say that "I am in a band, a six-piece heavy rock band at that." You will not be happy with the the Roland KC 150 amp! The high end will shreak like crazy. If you want to stick with Roland, then the Roland KC 350 is the smallest amp you should consider, and the KC550 would probably better suit your needs.

Reaction score
Keyboard Amp

Hi There
Here is an amp you should really consider...it's an amp i'm going to pick up for my keyboard/synths....this is a dynamite amp probably the best out there.....check it out & let me know what's the happs.....Traynor K4
Traynor Amps: Home
You say that "I am in a band, a six-piece heavy rock band at that." You will not be happy with the the Roland KC 150 amp! The high end will shreak like crazy. If you want to stick with Roland, then the Roland KC 350 is the smallest amp you should consider, and the KC550 would probably better suit your needs.

Reaction score
Ordered

Hi jayrox
Hey glad you ordered!
You've got balls!
Where did you order & what's the price out the door (w/tax)?
What instrument cables, length are you going to use?
What synths / keyboards do you own
What's your setup?
Thanks

Reaction score
I had a KC-150 then traded up to a Motion Sound KBR-3d because I wanted the extra power and the rotating horn for my patches. 200 watts of power plenty enough I also have a Motion Sound Pro 145 with XLK outputs to plug into venues sound system. A great little system with rotating horn and lower rotor (designed for organ use)

Reaction score
Hello,
You'd probably be better of with a PA system, or some good quality active speakers. Look into the Alto Orient Express range, or speakers like Tapco Thumps.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Keyboard Amp

Hi There
I'm leaning towards the Traynor K-4 for jamming with friends & portability.
I already own a pair of Mackie SRM-450's that i use in my home connected to a 8 ch Line Mixer..Alesis
I want to replace the Mackies with some ADAM Studio Monitors.
The Mackies suffice for now........:cool:

Reaction score
Well I have tried pretty much every keyboard stage amp out there and I can tell you this. Keyboard amps inherently suck. Mostly the problem lies in representing the AP patches in our modern keyboards. I am currently using a Traynor K4 and i can tell you that is the end of the line for me. I will be switching over to a stereo monitor system either the QSC K12's or the pricey acugrooves set up. Recently checked out playing my rig thru the QSC's and I am sold!! I will keep my Traynor for convenience though.

Reaction score
I've owned a Traynor K4 for a year now, amplifying a Yamaha Motif Rack (original model). I like the amp for keyboard sounds (rhodes, organ, clav). Piano I avoid doing if I can, since it's not great sounding, but I find the right patch EQed decent I can get something that's OK, not great though. I do like the amp for the convenience and power.

Reaction score
Monitors vs Keyboard Amp

What will you be using the Monitors on?
Will you use for home studio set-up?
Will you lug them around when jamming with friends or to gigs / practice outstide your home?;)

Reaction score
Listen as far as keyboard stage amps go the Traynor is a very good amp maybe the best. I would recommend it to anyone looking to run thier rig thru a stage amp. I have played my motif 7(original) korg cx3 s70xs and my newly purchased electro 3 thru it and it is very much acceptable. Yes, the EP's, Clav's, Organs, and other string/horn synth pathes sound for the most part very good. It's those AP's that suffer. Unfortunately an AP sound is very much needed in the type of gigs I do so I am getting tired of not being happy with my live AP sound. It makes the piano sample ( the S6 yamaha) on my x70xs sound kind of phasey. Others have noticed this also w/ the K4. The bottom line is you will take you live sound to a whole new level playin thru something like the QSC's or the accu grooves (paired in stereo of course) the K4 can't touch that. The QSC K12 by the way have a weight of about 35lbs each. K4 60lbs and is a very awkward amp to carry. Two of them together will not take up much more of a foot print then the K4, although i would always try to separate the speakers to each side of me if room allows.

Bottom line is i would say any amplification system is good for you as long as you have enough power are happy and inspired by the sound your hearing. cheers...

Ask a Question