"hELP me" ( 1st draft of an "ELP"-Inspired Song )

Reaction score
Well. this is my first posting of any of my original music here on this forum...

This is a "rough draft" of a 1st attempt to document some musical ideas that were in my head for a prog rock song called "hELP me" (note the spelling -- it's a nod to Emerson, Lake and Palmer). I like many parts of this, and some others I will do over again ("too busy" in a few parts); but this was thrown together rather quickly just to capture some ideas I had. It's rather ambitious to try and write an ELP-inspired tribute song, but I'm working on some lyrics too -- to be sung in a rich baritone voice, ala Greg Lake.

This was recorded on 4 tracks on my Tascam DP-24SD (one take each) -- with no mixing or mastering yet -- using the Hammond SK Pro 73 and MODX6 keyboards for sounds (and the MODX drum tracks); then saved as an audio file to my iPhone using an iRig Stream.

Please give it a listen...

Old No7

https://soundcloud.com/user-79322081-642503938%2Fhelp-me-m4a

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My only complaint is that it's too short :)

You do the late Keith Emerson justice with your improv man.

If you wan't to hear some of my best works, try Chicken Love or It's Raining Cows on youtube :)

Gary ;)

(It's only a hobby... it's only a hobby...)

Reaction score
Sounds like ELP.
Superbly constructed and orchestrated.
Most enjoyable.

Wow, that's high praise -- thank you!

You've inspired me to do another one! Or make that one better.

Old No7

Reaction score
Ha! LOL...

Working of 4 other new songs with my band -- and work has been nutz......................

Old No7

Ask a Question