Help with Replacing a Key on Kurzweil PC1x

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm having some trouble replacing a key on a keyboard for my local University's Music Department. I'll be candid and say I'm inexperienced with keyboard repair, but would consider myself a handyman when it comes to electronics.

From videos I have referenced there's a spring that I need to pop out to get the key removed, but on the Kurzweil PC1x I'm working on it would seem the spring is under the key and not accessible. Where the spring usually lies is a pink plastic "tab" that the key is attached to. Please review the picture below for reference. My apologize for the poor quality, I recently broke my phone camera and haven't had the chance to repair it.

PXL_20240214_182826491.jpg

If anyone has any advice or a video on how to fix this I would appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
While I was unable to use the method above for to get the key off. In the end I figured out all I needed to do was use a little more force and pull they key out and up.

Thank you again for your help!!!

This issue has been resolved.

Ask a Question