Hey There. An amateur from Turkey

Reaction score
I would not buy a used Krome sight unseen. In addition to all the issues Gary mentioned, quite a few Kromes have a defect which causes the piano samples to cut off prematurely when you attempt to sustain them.

It's a great keyboard but no way would I buy one used without testing it first.

Reaction score
Thanks for replies. It is best to be patient. I just want to add a workstation next to my synthesizer. I will just skip this offer then . Not worth it.
The reason i want to buy something like Krome is , i just want a keyboard which can hold my split setups for different songs ready. For example ( for Song -A-, i want to split keyboard into 3 parts and save it. and call it with one button )
Thanks for patiently answering my questions. :)

Reaction score
I am not sure if the Krome can split the keyboard as you want it.

Maybe another member who knows more about the Krome can confirm one way or the other if the Krome can split the keyboard into the three that the Op wants.

I can certainly split the keyboard on my Kross 2 into three or more sections. I do have a Combi where I have three splits and it all works perfectly but it is a bit time consuming to set it up.

It is done by creating a Combination and then editing the layered Programs (Korgs name for Instrument Voices) so that the desired Programs only sound in the section of the keyboard that is required.

The Combo is saved to a user bank and to the assigned Favourites bank, where there are 8 banks of 16 asignable Favourite Combis, there are also 8 banks of 16 Korg preset Combis.

If the Kross 2 can do this then maybe the Juno DS 88 can do it as well.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Juno DS can set one split point, not two. It can create four zones for layered sounds but only one split point among the four with two layers each.

My Kurzweil PC3K can set up to 32 independent zones. It's an awesome controller.,

Gary ;)

Reaction score
1C1DD908-3928-4A24-A06A-1DCE18A7FB7E.jpeg

This is the Combi I have set up with two instruments in left zone, two in centre and one in right.

The solid lines are unassigned and hence turned off by default but instruments can be assigned to each unused layer and their operating key range set as per the top five layers

Its a bit of a squeeze with only 61 keys

Reaction score
The reason i want to buy something like Krome is , i just want a keyboard which can hold my split setups for different songs ready. For example ( for Song -A-, i want to split keyboard into 3 parts and save it. and call it with one button )
The Krome can do this with ease. I'm not sitting in front of mine right now but from memory you can split it into as many as 16 zones if the spirit moves you. You save this as a Combi and recall it as you need it.

Another great benefit is you can choose the split points anywhere on the keyboard. And you can layer and pitch shift your splits if you want.

What this means is it's very versatile and great for live performance. I took mine out by itself to a three hour gig a fortnight ago (didn't have room on stage for my stage piano) and it performed magnificently.

I'd recommend it to anyone BUT try before you buy, or buy new so you can return if need be. Firstly the note cut off issue I mentioned above, and secondly, the action takes quite some getting used to on all models.

Reaction score
I have this special weakness for Korg's. :) And Especially Krome and Kronos. Kronos is just a dream. So i asked few stores here for Krome. Also Kross 2 is an option. So i am gonna watch some videos and check my budget and decide. Which channel do you recommend on youtube for detailed analysis of keyboards?
Thanks.

Reaction score
I suggest you initially look at Korgs own channel on Youtube, there videos are listed as Video Manual, these will work through each feature of the respective Korg model.

Once you have a good idea from these videos on the finctions then I would look at other Youtube videos but most then to be reviews rather than looking at specifics.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Love You guys ! Thanks a lot. :)
Hope it is ok for forum rules , i keep spamming questions here in introductions section.

Reaction score
Great advice for you so far.

I have a Kross 2 and love it, it has been frustrating learning the operating system but now its easy to use. Its great features are its small overall size and very light weight makes it very easy to transport for me, the keys and programming is very quick, favourite combinations of instrument voices are easy to set up.

If you go onto Youtube both Roland and Korg have their own Channels where video tutorials are located on using their respective keyboards.

Korg are labelled as Video Manual and Roland as Product Support, these are well worth watching.

I watched both companies videos many times before I choose the Kross 2 over the Juno DS61 and only chose the Kross 2 on weight and size as both were very similar in use.

On my Korg Triton Studio Workstation I was able to link my sequences for playback of a song. I'm having a little difficulty understanding how the sequencer works on the Korg Kross 2. Perhaps you can help me. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
On my Korg Triton Studio Workstation I was able to link my sequences for playback of a song. I'm having a little difficulty understanding how the sequencer works on the Korg Kross 2. Perhaps you can help me. Thanks.

The Korg Video Manual series on Youtube show how to record and save a Sequence to one of the assignable buttons. It also shows how to import pre made samples into the Sequencer, how to save them and how call them up during the performance.

This video is number six in the series, I suggest you watch this one and number 7.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Thank you. I've seen the videos. They're helpful but to a point. Going over my question I can now see that I didn't quite make my point clear. I just want to know how to "chain" or link my sequences into a song just like I do on my Korg Triton. The Operation Guide isn't exactly user friendly.

Reaction score
Thank you. I've seen the videos. They're helpful but to a point. Going over my question I can now see that I didn't quite make my point clear. I just want to know how to "chain" or link my sequences into a song just like I do on my Korg Triton.

The Operation Guide isn't exactly user friendly.

Your last point stickes a chord, I have ften stated that Korg manuals are written by someone whos first language is Klingon.

Whilst I have zero knowledge on a Triton all I can suggest is that you produce multiple pre-recorded sequences and assign each to a different pad to then call up each as you perform the song. EG you have pre-recorded sequences which lets call them Intro, Verse, Fill, Chorus, Riff and each is assigned to Pad 1, 2, 3, 4

Ask a Question