Home Studio Set Up

Reaction score
Started getting back into music, beginning with guitars and amps. Added keyboards and now playing those through the amps with a mixer. Any thoughts, and happy to be told there has been a thread on this, on whether I should trade in the amps for something different? Still playing the guitar from time to time (amps are a Micro Terror Orange and Bugera 5V), so don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water if amps are the best choice for multiple instruments.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Guitar amps are useless as keyboard amps.

Get a couple of nearfield monitors and run them thru the mixer.

Presonus Eris E5's are nice.

I own a pair myself.

Take a look at the gear pics thread. Most of the home studio pics have copious notes on what iems they're using.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Welcome.

Keep your Guitar setup at least for now.

If you have the cash then go for a larger Monitor setup with better bass or add a Subwoofer to the Eris 5’s Gary mentioned, UK price for two E5’s and a Sub is £375.

You can then feed your guitar into the mixer and use the Monitors with it, then sell on the Guitar Amp.

I am a fan of the more powerful Yamaha Stagepass series so do check out the Stagepass 400, 2x200W with a 10” woofer and 1” tweeter. These have a detachable 8 channel Mixer and can be post mounted for live concerts, UK price is £600.

Reaction score
There are many reasonably priced powered studio monitors available. I own a pair of Focal Alpha 50 monitors and like them.

Ask a Question