How Do You Make A Post In My Music Forum?

Reaction score
I just joined keyboardforums.com and I see that a newcomer like me does not have "sufficient privileges" to post there. That's not very friendly is it? You can post your stuff instantly on other forums. Exactly what are these "privileges" and how does one go about acquiring them?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :). We introduced a new requirement for that section (minimum of 10 forum posts), as we had lots of new members only signing up to promote their music without participating:

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/my-music-10-post-requirement.27891/

There should be a notice that appears to anyone with under 10 posts when they view that section. Here's a copy of it:

We've had a lot of members only joining the forum to post their music, without contributing to the rest of the forum - so we've introduced a requirement of 10 posts on the forum before new members can create a new thread in the "My Music" section. A lot of our members take time out to listen and give feedback to music posted in this section, so this will help keep things fair.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
To be fair it's a good policy that keeps the number of spammers way down.

Otherwise it's way too easy for people to sign up at 2 AM and start posting 200 links to penis cream and psychic dating services :p

You'll find similar policies on many other public forums and this should be nothing new to anyone.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
So there you go! 2 down 8 to go!
Tell us about yourself. I see in your profile you are an old guy with lots of keyboards. You must have some stories to share.
Btw . Welcome:)
Ray
No, an old guy that had 3 keyboards. The Casio MT-100, CT-390, and the Yamaha PSR-190. I don't actually play anymore. I just played for fun back in the '80s, '90s and made recordings that I'm making videos for on YouTube. My stuff is just simple and fun, I never intended for it to be heard by other people. So before I jump into the crypt (ha ha) I thought I'd share it.
I'm probably the least social person you could know, I don't have much to say. I certainly don't have professional or technical knowledge to give to anybody. It's interesting to hear other peoples music and see some comments on mine. I agree with happyrat1 that music is supposed to be fun. That's why I'm here. Hmm, I think the same as a guy with a rat costume on. That's disturbing.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
, I don't have much to say.
Let us be the judge!
I certainly don't have professional or technical knowledge to give to anybody.
Neither do I. But communication is a powerful and wonderful thing. You never know what subjects and people can get stimulated by.

There is a broad mix of people here. Some are professional musos and some are homebodies keyboard hobbyists. Some are tech savy and some are complete novices.

So whatever your level of skill or music knowledge makes no difference. You are encouraged to engage in discussion via your own thread or hook up to an existing thread by all means.

Looking forward to hearing some of your tapes.

Cheers ray

Ask a Question