How to advance CTK 6200 sequencer to a particular measure

Reaction score
Thanks Mike, that's a lot to take in but I have to say that someone, somewhere ought to be paying you big bucks to write manuals because, while I still don't understand everything I just read, I now understand far, far more than I got from CASIO's haphazard and helter skelter approach. I feel sorry for the first timer who buys any kind of new technology produced by a company who seems to assume that every buyer already has experience and speaks the language of that technology. There are terms strewn thru-out the book that I have never heard before, and there is no glossary or reference help of any kind. Maybe that has become industry standard, and that's why I think they could use guys like you who know how to translate technical gibberish into common speak. Having said all that, I was able yesterday to actually finish a song. Not without using some very weird procedures though. I found that, if I merge two tracks into one, I can then use those two tracks to create more passages to be dropped into the song in various locations all along the way and eventually create an ending. While I can not create an and on the tracks I started with, I can empty those tracks, (track management) and use them for more new passages. There may still be a better way that I have yet to discover, but thanks to you, I think that I now have a pretty good shot at being ready for my first gig on Oct. 2nd. I said yesterday that I had seen something in the manual about overdubbing, but going back through it over a dozen times last night, I must have been wrong because I found nothing of the sort, which by the way, would have solved tons of problems. I guess I saw it in one of a hundred other resources I was accessing to try to understand how to proceed.

Anyhow, I want to tell you this, and I still don't know how to reach you through email with such a personal message, so here goes. I have enjoyed what for most professional musicians would be considered a brilliant career as both a song writer and concert artist. My gift has paid for my home and my cars, and has sent me and my wife around the world a dozen times without me ever having to spend a dime for travel, meals, or accomodations. I have driven a dogsled in Alaska, scuba dived the Great Barrier Reefs in Australia, the Caribbean, and the Indian Ocean off of South Africa, sky dived into the meadows of Stirlingshire Scotland, rode the rapids of the Colorado, and rodeo bulls in Montana. I rode cowhand at spring roundup in Belle fourche, South Dakota and Bear Vally in Oregon. I've stood at the foot of mount Kilimanjaro and hang glided off the cliffs off the Napali Coast. There is more than I can tell, and I don't tell you this to brag or boast, but to let you know that I have lead a charmed and wonderfully blessed life. Were I to die tomorrow, I would go home at peace, and with great joy and thankfulness at all that I have been given. My tenth grade English teacher told me under no uncertain terms, that I would never amount to anything because I just couldn't learn the stuff of language. My first royalty check was more than twice his annual income. While I have fallen deep into debt because of the injury, I still feel very much like a king and a very rich man. I have 2 very honorable sons, 5 beautiful and brilliant grandchildren, many one of a kind friends, and a wife who thinks I'm Elvis. I live to bring joy to others through music. That would likely not be possible without a grateful heart and a spirit of thanksgiving. So, when I say thank you for your kindness and help, I do not say it casually. You have no idea the difference you have helped bring to my life, and others who will be touched as well. Later, friend. JH

Reaction score
Mike, I forgot to mention the most special part of my blessed and charmed life. I have had the honor and privilege of performing for hundreds of thousands of people on 5 continents. I have been treated like a king everywhere I have been. I have met the most interesting and honorable folk, and I can not count the number of great musicians I have been blessed to work with, many who's name you know well. The best times in my life have been on stage, watching the faces of people who are made glad to be there. This isn't luck, this is providence, and that falls on the deserving and the undeserving. Believe me, I am the latter.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm glad you were finally able to finish a song!

Which edition of FL Studio 11 did you get-- Fruity Edition, Producer Edition, Signature Bundle, Mobile Edition for iOS, Mobile HD Edition for iOS, Mobile Edition for Android, or Groove Edition for Windows 8?

I forgot to mention how to send a PM. If you click on the name or picture of the person who posted (to the left of their post), it will pop up a window that gives a few stats about them, plus some links. Click on the link that says "Start a Conversation" and it will take you to a page where you can type in and send a PM (or "conversation"). You can also add the user names of a few other people you want to include in the conversation, in which case anything that you or one of the other participants say in the conversation will be sent to the "Inbox" of each person who's included in the conversation.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you're working in the Casio's song sequencer, it may be that the only way to do that within the song sequencer is to edit each note that you want to transpose and move it up or down the desired number of semi-tones. This would be a rather lengthy and tedious process, subject to errors (i.e., you might accidentally skip a note or shift it the wrong number of semi-tones).

However, now that you've downloaded a DAW you should be able to do it a lot easier in the DAW.

If you haven't already converted your work in the song sequencer to a DAW project, there are a couple of ways you could do that:

(1) Save the song sequencer data to a MIDI file on a memory card. I think this is described on page E-103, although I don't see any specific reference to "MIDI" on that page. Then insert the card into your computer's card reader, load the MIDI file into the DAW, and transpose the desired portions of the song (or the entire song if desired) in the DAW.

(2) A better way might be to connect your Casio to your computer, make sure the DAW can see it, set up the DAW to listen to and record all of the keyboard's MIDI channels, then set the Casio's transpose function to the desired setting and play back the recording of the song on the Casio. The song should play back transposed, and the DAW will record the incoming MIDI events already transposed.

Reaction score
Wow! I trust that the DAW will eventually be my best problem solver, but it is all very new to me and I am lost again amid new technology. I downloaded the ACID Studio and looked at the first part of the tutorial. I became lost immediately. I have no idea how or exactly what I have to transfer from the keyboard to the DAW. I still have to get at least 10 songs ready by the 2nd, and I don't think that is likely to happen now. I guess I am just stuck in the mud with too many issues, and it's going to be a while before I am out. I still don't understand why the manual goes into all that detail about about replacing a part in a track when all they needed to say is, "Begin recording on the track and everything will be replaced automatically." Very disappointing and discouraging. But thanks for the info. I am going to try saving the transpose to a registration. I'll send you an update about how that turns out. Later.

Ask a Question