I ordered one of these last night...

Reaction score

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Just think of it as a jolly jumper for grownups if you have trouble sleeping nights. :D :D :D

Anyway, remote control? What am I? A movie star? :p

Although it DOES give me an idea for my next youtube video!!

Rats!!! In Spa-ay-ay-ay-ace...... :D :D :D

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The long and the short of it was that they left observance of the holiday up to the individual provinces so some of us get the day off while the rest of the country gets the shaft. :D

Wow! You do realize that this is essentially the same as with Presidents' Day in the US? It's a federal holiday, so the federal, state, and local government workers have the day off (assuming the government hasn't shut down anyway), and the banks and Post Office are closed, yet just about everyone else who works in the "private sector" has to go to work as usual. :mad:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
In this country that would be Remembrance Day, Nov. 11th, which coincides with your Memorial Day.

That day, all the posties and gov't workers and bankers take the day off while the working stiffs continue to work :p

Family Day is more of what you would call a State Holiday...

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just think of it as a jolly jumper for grownups if you have trouble sleeping nights. :D :D :D

Anyway, remote control? What am I? A movie star? :p

Although it DOES give me an idea for my next youtube video!!

Rats!!! In Spa-ay-ay-ay-ace...... :D :D :D

Gary ;)
Swap over the straps for Bungee Chords and Rats In Space could become a distinct possibility.

Reaction score
Wow! You do realize that this is essentially the same as with Presidents' Day in the US? It's a federal holiday, so the federal, state, and local government workers have the day off (assuming the government hasn't shut down anyway), and the banks and Post Office are closed, yet just about everyone else who works in the "private sector" has to go to work as usual. :mad:
Then one day you sit at home wondering:-

Should I clean the car ....... usually that thought lasts all of two seconds.

Should I go out for a walk ....... usually this thought lasts less than two seconds.

Should I go for a blast around the country lanes in my car ......... now this is very thought provoking, it requires a lot of planning on the route to take, excuses to tell the Wife, it usually takes quite a while and this being England the weather has changed and it is sheeting it down with rain so its back to thinking.

Should I go on my Computer and put together a presentation for the Computer group I teach ..... naah, takes too long, I’ll wing it again.

Should I get the Korg manual out and try to get to the bottom of editing Combi’s ....... that will result in a headache and as I am already suffering with man flu I feel rubbish as it is.

I know I will go and annoy those good folks on the Forum.

Ah, being retired has its perks.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Decisions... Decisions...

Do I want to try out some arps on my Kurzweil patched thru the Deepmind 6....

Or...

Veg out on the couch and watch reruns of the Big Bang Theory on E4?

Screw it!!!

Reruns it is.... :D

Meanwhile I wait for my Samplepad to arrive. According to tracking it's out for delivery :)

I've already hooked up all the necessary cabling in my studio... :cool:

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here we go. We are Up and Running!!!

alesis-samplepad-pro-1.jpg
alesis-samplepad-pro-2.jpg
alesis-samplepad-pro-3.jpg

I'll wait until tomorrow during the day to really dig into it though, so as not to disturb the neighbours.

Actually I'll have to wait until Friday. I see my doctor tomorrow for my annual checkup.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Gary

Something for you to aim for its about 2 min 30 sec into the video.

Iain Bayne and the some of the members of Runrig perform this drum special, it can go on for 10 minutes depending upon audience reaction.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I have it hooked up and running but getting it to produce a decent beat is harder than it looks.

The last month I've been preoccupied with upgrading three computers to 64 Bit Linux and now I've started the MP3 project where I'm ripping and encoding my entire CD collection to MP3s.

At any rate, drumming proficiently requires a lot more practice than you'd think.

I'll probably get around to incorporating the samplepad into my tunes sometime this summer at the earliest.

Anyway, I don't regret the purchase. But it will take some time to master the beast.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
New Years Day
Easter Friday
Easter Monday
May Day
Spring Bank (last Mon in May)
Aug Bank (last Mon in Aug)
Christmas Day
Boxing Day (26th Dec)

That is the sum total of of national Holidays in the UK.

Heck we do not get a day off on the 5th Nov when the plotters were stopped from blowing up Parliament.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
All states of Australia are different . .
In Victoria (Melbourne)

NY day
Ausralia Day 26/1
Labour Day (in March)
ANZAC day 25/4
Good Friday
Easter Monday
Queens Birthday (in June)
Football Grand Final day (last Friday of Sept)
Melbourne Cup Day (first Tues Nov)
Christmas Day
Boxing Day

There is 11 (3 more than you Col)
No wonder the country has no productivity.
Ray

Ask a Question