I ordered one of these last night...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Electronic-Speakers-Pedals-PTED06/dp/B01H4VG35I/

61y0XynAqRL._SL1000_.jpg

I'm trying to get my beats to sound more organic so I figured with one of these I could record some decent loops and improve my compositions.

Try as I might I simply cannot get the hang of programming drums on a keyboard so maybe I can use this as a controller and get some really good grooves going.

Space considerations made me opt for the tabletop model as opposed to a free standing rig so hopefully I can stand this thing up against a wall when I'm not using it.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I've occasionally thought about getting something similar-- until I see the price, and think about how I could use that money to buy another keyboard instead! ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The problem with most drum machines is that they are in fact machines. I could just as easily create a backing track from a washing machine or a snowblower as I could with most drum boxes.

I felt my music was missing the human touch when it comes to percussion and from what I've seen about these things, the Samplepad Pro is the most economical and versatile unit in the prosumer category.

Skip junk food for a month and you've just paid for one :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Roland is more than twice as expensive as the Alesis so way over my budget.

I just hope that my retirement age reflexes are quick enough to make this work. :p

Still, I feel I have to at least give this a proper tryout. Canned beats are simply not cutting it for me these days.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
It will be fun at least even if your reflexes are labouring. Enjoy it whilst you are still young. . .er . . :p

I did have a crack at one of those drum sets a few times at a friends house and must admit it is addictive. Once you get the rhythm and tempo working you will be sucked in and putting down your drum stucks will be like saying no to sex:p lol.
Ray:D

Reaction score
Better not show my wife or she will kick me to the dog house:eek:
We went to a sound check as guests a couple of months ago and whilst I was taking some photos the Mrs walked on to the stage and started a drum solo.

Hence if she wants drums something will have to go to make room for a full set.

I am afraid, very afraid.

:cool:

Reaction score
The Alesis looks great! I'm looking forward to hearing your next piece featuring it :) How long do you have to wait for it to arrive?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Alesis Samplepad should be arriving tomorrow. Yesterday was a holiday so nothing got shipped out in time.

Then I realized I also needed a proper kickdrum and hi hat pedal so I ordered these today.

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-KU100-Beaterless-Silent-Pedal/dp/B00FI2PE1U/

https://www.amazon.com/Alesis-RealHat-Pedal/dp/B003KZ42EC/

The Kick Pedal is on backorder so I don't really know when it will ship but the hi hat should get here within a week.

In the meantime I can make do with shitty sustain pedals. :eek:

Hopefully these will work well enough so I don't drive my downstairs neighbours crazy with "Thump thump thump!" all day long :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually when I'm not actually using it I think I'll be OK just disconnecting it and storing it in a closet ;)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
We have a phony baloney holiday in the middle of February that coincides with president's Day that goes by the name of Family Day.

They officially instated it about 3 or 4 years ago because people were ticked off that there were no holidays between New Years and Easter and we all felt overworked, underpaid and underappreciated.

The long and the short of it was that they left observance of the holiday up to the individual provinces so some of us get the day off while the rest of the country gets the shaft. :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question