Onsong iPad App Change Yamaha CP4 Performances

Reaction score
I would like to be able to have the OnSong iPad app automatically change the performance on my Yamaha CP4 when I change the song in OnSong. I've been able to get the CP4 to register some events in the OnSong midi editor, like playing a note. Does anyone have any experience with this to point me in the right direction? I posted a ticket with the OnSong people a few days ago but haven't heard anything from them yet. Or maybe there’s another app that might do this, maybe SongBook? Thanks.

Ad

Advertisements

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't have OnSong, so I don't know what it can and can't do.

But I have the free version of SongBook+, and it can do what you're talking about-- although the results might vary depending on your keyboard. That is to say, SongBook+ can send MIDI messages to your keyboard, but the specific ways in which your keyboard is able to respond will depend on your keyboard's capabilities.

Based on the "Bank Select" table on page 37 of the CP4 STAGE/CP40 STAGE Data List I would say that you can set up SongBook+ to send the Bank Select MSB/LSB and Program Change values which will select the specific Performance you want to recall on your CP4, whereas it seems the CP40 does not have that capability. But if you had the CP40 then you could still select its preset voices-- which you can also do on the CP4.

SongBook+ is free to download, install, and try, although you will be limited to 1 "book" of 15 songs. You can unlock the full version for about $45, which is more than OnSong costs, but the unlocked version will let you use up to 15 "books" and an unlimited number of songs. Since the basic, limited version is free, you can try it out to see if it's right for you.

Ask a Question