i've decided against an amp, i'd like monitors

Reaction score
Tonight, I was fiddling around with a KC 300(i think) and that gargantuan KC550. the sound was good, but not THAT good. certainly not $400+ good.

a fellow there claimed "monitor" speakers would better suit me. a. stereo sound, and b. better for "home use" which is my intention.

NOW, the question IS, which one's and i'd like to keep it at or around $400.

i am also a guitarist and have had many good amps. now i use a roland jc-77 amp coupled through a gt-8 pedalboard.

thanks in advance.

Reaction score
You probably mean the KC-350. Surprised you don't like that; it blew away all the other amps I tried when I bought it 6 months ago.

I don't know too much about different brands of monitors, but avoid really cheap ones like Edirol and M-Audio. They're ok if you have a really low budget, but $400 should at least get you something like the KRK Rokit series. I know a few people who have had good results with them. Beyond that, hopefully others here know more, but you might have better luck asking around forums that are focused on computer-based recording.

Reaction score
I also use the KC350; it is a great amp, and not all that heavy. If you look around, you can find used ones from time to time.

Ask a Question