Just Picked up a Waldorf Streichfett....

Reaction score
Hi, everyone :)

So, as it says in the headline, I picked up a Waldorf Streichfett and it was delivered this afternoon :)

What a weird, but very cool, device.

This is going to add some way cool vibes to my setup, especially with the band I am in. It is going to add a unique timbre to my sound.

I kind of wish I had thing when I was in the Pink Floyd tribute band... now I think that I want to start a 70's jam band or something :)

I originally had a Behringer VC340 string box/vocoder on order, but the receive date kept getting pushed back, so I cancelled the order and got the Waldorf instead. I am glad I did.

This thing is weird, but cool :)

Grace,
Harry

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Congrats on the new gear. Always looking for new sound palettes myself. I've stopped buying new gear though. This week's high priced wonder is next year's used bargain :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Congrats on the new gear. Always looking for new sound palettes myself. I've stopped buying new gear though. This week's high priced wonder is next year's used bargain :)

Gary ;)
The Streichfett has been out since 2014, I believe. I got it for a great price which included a 20% off coupon. There are not that many out there in the used market, at least that I can find.

I think that I agree with you with regard to many different models that strike my fancy :) I would rather wait a bit to get one than when it is initially released unless I REALLY want it.

I am still toying with the idea of the Behringer Poly-D as my next purchase, but the Korg OPSix and Modwave also have me thinking...

I have 28 synths now, maybe I should stop for a while before getting more :)

Grace,
Harry

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Speaking of the Behringer Poly D and the Model D I own one of each.

They truly do produce authentic sounding MOOGy sounds and the knob twiddling is just sooooo much fun.

I use an Arturia Beatstep Pro to drive the Model D for a drone or bassline while wigging out on lead with the Poly D. :D

It truly is like owning a polymoog for 30% of the price. ;)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question