Kawai mp6 or midi controller+laptop+piano software??

for live gigging, soft in laptops will never beat dedicated stage pianos?

• someday may be, but NOT TODAY 2013

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • software on a mac are already fail-proof nowadays

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi! Im renewing stuff,I sold some things and want to buy new gear for piano sounds mainly in live gigs situations. I want to get the best piano sound for the money I can get, key action or other features are not very important to me.
I am in love with kawai mp6 since I first heard it, Id pick it instead of yamaha cp50 or roland fpwhateverthenumber a millon times... love its sounds, features, looks, everything except its challenging weight and size...

BUT!!

Recently I discovered some sexy midi controllers that have internal sounds (not great, but surprisingly decent ones in case sofware crashes), like the NUMA COMPACT. So I think 4the same money of a mp6 I can get a n.compact+macbookpro+some software piano, wich BTW are sounding better and better and deliciously BETTER each year... (like the ivory II mmhhhhhh......)

This way I would have a better piano sound and a much lighter/smaller gear to carry ...OR WOULDNT I??? WHAT DO YOU THINK PEOPLE??

Ask a Question