Kawai MP6 vs Yamaha CP50

Reaction score
Any thoughts or comments regarding these two?

I am trying to get to the stores and play these, or at least play similar actions and hear similar samples. I have yet to see a Kawai but the reviews are good.

When I play the Yamaha P155, I feel like I am sitting at a real piano - it feels and sounds great. The CP50 should feel the same but has slightly different sound (SCM+AWM2 as opposed to AWM4; the SCM+AWM is on their top end pianos of this generation).

People seem to like the Kawai feel better. I would love it if the feel was softer (Yamaha hammers feel like they hit hard, its a little uncomfortable if I'm not careful to play soft).

I bought a used Casio PX330 and have spent more time messing with the action, and unable to find decent support (no one seems to know what grease is used under the keys, can't find a part I want, etc). It's time for something nice.

Reaction score
I am going with the P155. The CP50 is a lot of piano, and the 155 has a solid action and a solid piano sound. Anything else I need I can add later externally.

Ask a Question