Keyboard stand recommendations

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for a stand. Considerations/questions:
  • Can hold a DGX-205 (specs here) at sitting and standing heights
  • Not looking to spend a boatload
  • Lightweight/portable would be great in case I find my way into a group again (though in near term it's likely to stay put in the house)
  • I'm pretty new to the laptop/MIDI side of things. Any laptop attachments or separate laptop stands you like for a smallish laptop? I've been precariously balancing the laptop on the edge of the keyboard/table, probably not the best strategy...
  • What about music stands? I've always done separate (but don't currently have one) - anything built-in that's worthwhile? I'm currently leaning away from having one giant many-armed stand but could be swayed...
Thank you! These forums got me set up and playing after a long break. :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There are multiple threads here on the forums regarding what sorts of stands we prefer and use on a regular basis.

Search the forums on "keyboard stands" and you will find several extremely long and vociferous threads regarding what we think is "good" or "bad."

Personally I avoid X Stands...

Gary ;)

(Now I run away before the holy wars restart...8|)

Reaction score

Reaction score
  • Lightweight/portable would be great in case I find my way into a group again (though in near term it's likely to stay put in the house)
  • I'm pretty new to the laptop/MIDI side of things. Any laptop attachments or separate laptop stands you like for a smallish laptop? I've been precariously balancing the laptop on the edge of the keyboard/table, probably not the best strategy...
  • What about music stands? I've always done separate (but don't currently have one) - anything built-in that's worthwhile? I'm currently leaning away from having one giant many-armed stand but could be swayed...
I have supported my Roland G7 which is a heavy beast on a 25 dollar cross frame. Yours is no issue. You start talking about laptops, music stands etc, you should use separate stands for those. I use ipad for gigs, laptop is too much to deal with. Something like a 2 tier is best but $$$$.

Reaction score
Any x frame will support your DGX. Adding laptop, music stand will either be a 2 tier stand or separate stands. Look for a cheap 2 tier for the laptop And a music stand.. I have a multi tier single pole stand and use an Ipad for gigs. Easy peasy..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 32
Reaction score
Thanks for all of these tips!

There are multiple threads here on the forums regarding what sorts of stands we prefer and use on a regular basis.

Search the forums on "keyboard stands" and you will find several extremely long and vociferous threads regarding what we think is "good" or "bad."
(Now I run away before the holy wars restart...8|)
Uh oh, my apologies...didn't do enough research.

Keyboard tables

König & Meyer ist ein Hersteller für qualitativ hochwertiges Zubehör im Bereich der Musik seit über 55 Jahren. Der Fokus liegt auf Mikrofonstativen,…
www.k-m.de
www.k-m.de
Oo, these look fun. And I see where $$$ comes in.

I use ipad for gigs, laptop is too much to deal with. Something like a 2 tier is best but $$$$.
Fair enough. (Suppose I could consider springing for either an ipad OR a 2-tier, depending...)

Attachments​

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 2
Nice and simple.

an ironing board (or an X stand).
That's a new one for me! :)

Ask a Question