keyboard styles and voices to PC, how?

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Yamaha PSR-E423 keyboard and wanted to transfer background styles to my PC. The keyboard settings themselves do not allow that, nor does the standard software delivered by Yamaha.

Can I do it by connecting the headphone jack to my PC and using the sound recorder on my PC? Do I need a MIDI card to do this? I have installed LMMS and Anvil Studio on Windows. Will these software help? How?

Many thanks,
Anjaan.

Reaction score
If you simply want to record the styles as "audio" tracks then you just need an audio interface of some description. Your built in soundcard will work, but it probably won't give you a particular good quality sound. Audio interfaces are like keyboards, the more you spend the better they get. And yes, basically connect an audio output from your keyboard to an audio input on your computer, fire up some suitable software (Adobe Audition, Sony Soundforge) hit record on the computer, hit "play" or "Start" on the keyboard and you're off.

Reaction score
If it's JUST the audio you want then you don't need to hook it up via MIDI or USB. I don't see what the USB or MIDI connections would achieve. Audio is fine.

Reaction score
Anjaan,
I write this in English but I am Dutch, go to psrtutorial.com and you can download for free almost ALL the voices and styles and multipads in the world ever made for any Yamaha. Also there are a lot of free and very good programs to deal with them made by Michael Bedesem and others.
You don't have to mess around with cables, interfaces or extra cards.
Yes for MUSIC recording you can use Anvil or Audacity and use a simple standard stereo-cable for headphone out on the keyboard to LINE in on a computer.

Hartelijke groet uit Bali.

Ask a Question