Keyboard suggestions

Reaction score
Our Kurzweil Mark 10 died recently. With the Kurzweil, you push button one, to record or playback song one, the second button for the second song, and so on up to the eighth song. Is there any keyboard currently being manufactured that uses individual buttons to record and playback a song?

What I had originally posted:
We are replacing our Kurzweil Mark 10, which died last week.

Keyboardists requests:
1. Piano keyboard feel and variation of sound volume as you play soft and hard
2. Piano sound, additional instruments/tones
3. Easy changing of instruments/tones
4. Easy transposing
5. Easy recording and playback of up to 8 songs.

We have $1000 now and are working to get another $1000.

What would you suggest?

Thanks

Reaction score
Wow, how many times has this type question been posted?
Please do some research and then if you have some specific questions about one particular model of keyboard maybe someone here can help.
B3

Reaction score
Wow, how many times has this type question been posted?
Please do some research and then if you have some specific questions about one particular model of keyboard maybe someone here can help.
B3

Thanks for at least posting.

As I understood the sub-forum explanation "A place to post your model specific questions and answers!." is the "Questions & Answers" sub forum. But I am new to the forum.

After spending several hours at the store looking at keyboard, 8 hours researching online trying to find one keyboard with these 5 items, then another couple of hours going over the manuals I have downloaded. I figured there must be an easier way.

"Why not check out a forum?" I thought. "Usually there is someone around who knows more about keyboards than I do. Maybe there isn't even one out there with the 5 items I am looking for." So I did.

I didn't need all the features that mroller needed a few posts earlier, and I saw that this forum didn't help konacoffeegirl with her general request so I inferred I needed to be a bit more specific.

My question isn't is there a keyboard that has these five items, sure there are, but is there a keyboard that has five items that are easy to use. I think you'd agree that pushing a button to do something is easier then navigating sub-menus on a small keyboard screen.

If no one knows, that's fine. But if I can't post the question under the "Buyers and Shoppers" sub-forum that says, "Looking to make a purchase? Need Recomendations? Post your questions here!" Where do I post it.

Perhaps I need to seek the answer to the one area I am having the hardest time finding the answer. I will edit my post to reflect that if I am able.

Reaction score
Jimmol,
My post is not intended as a flame, but a direct encouragement to do as much research as you can. At that point you might have some specific questions(s)
that one of us here can answer if for no other reason than one of us owns that particular workstation or hardware.
If you want a direct suggestion, then: If the Kurzweil Mark 10 has met your needs then why not just find another Mark 10.
As an alternative, check out some floor stock at the larger music stores and do some hands-on demos.

By and karge, buying a new workstation or keyboard is very much a personal situation that depends on the type of music you play, the features and sounds you need, and most especially your own opinion of how a specific instrument sounds feels and fits you needs.
Sinc eyou're familiar wiht KUrzweil, check out their latest models. Then also look at the other big three Yamaha, ROland, Korg
B3

Ask a Question