Keyboards and Gear - Video Reviews

Reaction score
Well that was a surprise that the Nord broke and had issues.

The guy is right about the key action, I found them far lighter than I expected when I played one about a year ago, the piano and organ sounds were right up there for me and there was not the drawbar issue that the reviewer had.

Nord is now crossed off my wishlist.

Interesting that the reviewer said that he will have to go back to his unboxing review and amend it, unboxing reviews must be very questionable, how can anyone give a balanced in depth review of a piece of kit that they are not yet familiar with?

Reaction score
As the guy is piano- centric, I’m surprised he put the CP88 up against the Stage 3, as I feel that he should have compared it with the Piano 4. That has a heavier actiion than the Stage 3 and is more geared towards pianists (I believe the Stage 3 has a Fatar TP100 or some variant of it, the Piano 4 has TP40GH if I’m not mistaken).
I’ve tried the Piano 4 and liked the feel of the action but it was rather noisy (of course, compared to the MP11SE or VPC1, everything is noisy...)

Reaction score

They took a step back in keybed quality (which wasn't the greatest to begin with in the normal S7 Pro) in order to keep the weight down because of the built-in speakers. Pity...

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Gary,
That is a superb comparison.
Why spend 10's of thousands on an acoustic Grand when you can do the same plus more with the electric KAWAI.
I need to submit this video to the local retirement village whereby I have close associations and they are about to ditch their old Grand for a new one. Currently the community is debating over cost.

Thanks Gary.

Reaction score
Gary,
That is a superb comparison.
Why spend 10's of thousands on an acoustic Grand when you can do the same plus more with the electric KAWAI.

Makes me all the more proud of my MP11SE : I know I've made the right choice with this one ;)
Considering the price of that Steinway, the MP11SE is an absolute dream at a bargain price !

Of course, a lot depends on the speakers or amp you're using, so I believe my iLoud Micro Monitors don't really do it justice. Think I'll get the iLoud MTM's for my MP11SE and use the Micro Monitors for whatever DP I buy as my second board (still haven't decided...)

I need to submit this video to the local retirement village whereby I have close associations and they are about to ditch their old Grand for a new one. Currently the community is debating over cost.

Perhaps a Kawai Novus NV10 is an option. It's a level higher than the MP11SE but still a lot cheaper than an actual grand...

Ask a Question