Video of my "man cave"

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this really - so if it needs moving please do so/say so.

A very wobbly video of my very small man cave. It is not just my music room, its my "working from home" space, and my "games playing hide away" as well. Any comments on how to further utilise the space, or what I can add functionally to my set up (drum machines, synth modules ad the like) feel free.

tjw

Reaction score
"....Leslie sims...." ???

I'm going to check back here in 6 months, to see that you've put a B3 with real antique Leslie in there.....

Reaction score
where exactly...... unfortunately the leslie FX are those from the Roland RD2000.... I may add a proper Organ module if it gives me much better - but a real B3..... no space my friend.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
People have been posting videos to that thread in the past couple of months as well.

Essentially it's still a pictorial video of your gear.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Well, for the first time in years, Ive recorded a track. Its one take per track hence mistakes. Its also busy as I wanted a track from each source (Peak, FA, RD, Guitar, Bass etc) and there are odd noises not appropriate to the track.

Its also very basic - and the mix is not "fluid" - as in the track levels are constant throughout rather than tracks being raised/lowered to suit parts of the track. Ill vet round to that.

https://soundcloud.com/user-75335753/first-full-track

Reaction score
Will be better soon. I cant write lyrics, and my vocals are ropy - but my Im starting to work with my oldest friend (and best man) who Iv not worked with in 30 years (due to me being in the Army) is going to write and record vocals. Ill remix without the lead guitar work, and the Peaks bleeps (might find something else from peak) then re-record a lead over the vocal pattern.

Is been a while since I recorded (before the keys or the mixer) so wanted something from everything. The clean guitar is the strat, the driven chords int he louder bits are the PRS, the lead is the Tom Anderson. Bass is the cheap Vintage bass - all through the AFX. The Piano is the RD2000, the strings towards the end and the drum patterns are the FA07. The bleeps in the louder parts, and (if you can hear it) filter sweep into that loud part are from the Peak.

I need to find a better way of doing drums though. Its quite a long winded process on the FA, but Ive never been able to create in programs like BFD either. Thinking of a TR8s or maybe a Digitakt, but not sure if they will be any easier for me - and Im not sure if Ill get realistic drums from the TR8 (need to research). I need sample based rather than analogue mostly.

Last edited:

Ask a Question