Keyboards wont produce chords properly

Reaction score
I’ve got several keyboards Korg, Roland, etc all <$300, using Ableton with vst plug-ins. I can’t find an environment where I can strike and hear all notes in a 3+ note chord. Only maybe 2 notes are heard, if I alter touch pressure maybe 2 different notes are heard. Am I missing something??? ...this isn’t acceptable. Thanks for any suggestions.

Reaction score
I don't know, but the more detail you can provide, the better. What are the exact keyboards? How are they connected to the computer? Which plug-ins? Are you trying to use only plug-in sounds or are you also trying to use sounds that are built into the keyboard? (Also, even used, it's rare that any keyboard <$300 can respond to touch pressure... maybe you mean velocity, i.e. how hard you initially hit the key?)

Reaction score
All I know is that some of the synth plugin patches I have only produce one or two notes at a time. Other virtual instruments like piano I can use all of my fingers at the same time.

Reaction score
Ah, so it's not ALL plug-ins, but just SOME, that changes things. Which are the names of some that are not working? Some synth sounds are designed for monophonic playing (one note at a time), some may emulate duophonic (two-note) synths, some apps have settings for these things... without knowing exactly what you're working with, I think it will be hard for anyone to give you specific advice.

Reaction score
Ah, so it's not ALL plug-ins, but just SOME, that changes things. Which are the names of some that are not working? Some synth sounds are designed for monophonic playing (one note at a time), some may emulate duophonic (two-note) synths, some apps have settings for these things... without knowing exactly what you're working with, I think it will be hard for anyone to give you specific advice.
THIS.

It helps all of us if you provide more detail on the original post rather than us guess what's going on.

Reaction score
I’ve run into keyboard players that ask what exactly is monophonic. I walk away in amazement.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually, back in the 70’s, the proper terms were MONOTONIC and POLYTONIC.

Spell checkers started “correcting “ them to stereophile terms and now it is what it is.

Gary. ;)

Reaction score
Actually, back in the 70’s, the proper terms were MONOTONIC and POLYTONIC.

Spell checkers started “correcting “ them to stereophile terms and now it is what it is.

Gary. ;)
I think those words are reserved for ordering gin nowadays.:eek:

Ask a Question