Keys for guitar player

Reaction score
I am looking for keyboard or similar device to expanding musical areas.Some leads and mostly for pads or background rhytms and melodies for my guitar.I dont limit myself for genre or style always open for new things.I need small compact unit because my room is so small.Microkorg xl+ and novation mininova is suit my needs but not my budget.Looking for more inexpensive versatile solution.I dont want pc or ipad need hardware.
I already have guitar processor that include all kind modulation delay reverb type effects.It also have monosynth and organ or some filter effects.There is miditech pianobox very cheap but looks good.Can I make it sound huge with my guitar processor by adding modulations and delay reverb en using eq ?
My last question is how many keys actually need,I'm not gonna do advanced stuf few chords or simple melodies dont want to get something big.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Used Microkorg or Mininova can be had on craigslist or ebay for around $300.

You're not going to find anything cheaper except a Korg Volca which is not much more than a toy.

Even the Pianobox still costs almost $200 plus you'd have to spend another $200 for a MIDI controller to use it.

And it's pretty much comparable to a Roland Soundcanvas or a Ketron SD2.

My advice is to scour the classifieds on your local craigslist to see what's available for cheap in your area.

That's the only way you're going to find anything decent below the $400 mark.

Or you could save up your pennies and get a Roland Boss SY-300. :)

https://www.boss.info/us/products/sy-300/

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I found blue version of pianobox mini for 40$ and I dont need huge keyboard 2 or 3 octave is enough for me..Currently using my computer keyboard with fl studio and its enough for fun.My priority is small compact and versatile unit with good sound and prefer all in one not extra key and box.How mininova and micro korg sounds,from demos I didnt like mininova is they have good pianos ?
And I found korg triton taktile good price and features looks good to.

Ask a Question