Korg Bonus Styles Question.

Reaction score
I have downloaded all available so far Bonus Styles 1 to 37.
Is it possible to select from each of the Bonus loads the ones I mostly wish to use so I can have my own favorite loads.?.

Reaction score
Yes.

This is a general comment, a single pack of Bonusware Styles will load by default into User Bank 1, position 1 whereas individual Styles within the Bonusware pack can be placed wherever you want.

I have no idea why Korg have arranged this method.

There again some specific Bonusware Packs allow you to install them where you want.

During installation the system may or may not ask for a location, its odd but its what it is.

There again individual Styles can be placed where you want.

A specific Style has to be installed before you can preview it.

Reaction score
Biggles. As always you have answered what I wanted to know.
Understood...I will load each Bonus pack to review and take note the ones I want, then can load them individually.

Thank you. graham.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't forget you can load them as Direct from a USB or the internal drives (shift+media) which means you can access them, and copy them to the internal drive where you want. Don't save any songbook entries using these styles until they are in their final resting place!

Reaction score
David
Those indoctrinated into Yamaha products especially arrangers do seem to stick with what they are used to.

Korg operating systems do take some getting used to but once the steep slope is climbed then everything is quick and easy to do.

Tyros and S models well I just prefer the Korg equivalent sounds, Genos and SX are better than prior models but I still prefer the Korg sounds, but that is just my opinion.

Interesting that over on the Korg forum most Pa4x and Genos owners have a tendency to prefer the Pa for overall sound and for ease of use but that the Genos does have great acoustic piano sounds.

Reaction score
Biggles,
camp out in your friends music room and sample their pianos!
AFA Yamaha is concerned, I had a Moxf6 - I thought a 61 key jobby would be plenty enough for me but although I loved the sounds, I kept falling off the end, and the "screen" and operating system layout was just, well, I never got to grips with it. I could have, but then I would never have had time to play the keyboard at all.
Pete Shaw has some great ideas for piano sounds that are on the Korgworld arranger webinars. He has a lovely "fragile piano" constructed of concert grand, sistro and DW8000EP layers (no split).
He also suggests knocking the top end off the concert grand (with EQ) and increasing the resonance to provide an Adele dark piano sound.
Lastly, he suggests this kind of piano sound is good for Carpenters music! -Concert Gtr DNC, Future Pad and Sistro layered on the top (he's very fond of Sistros), with G.Piano Stack1 on the bottom of the split. I don't think I would ever have come up with something like that!

But there are always going to be some lovely pianos out there. There's a fabulous one called Hoarfrost that I think is a Korg sound, but I can't just find at the moment. It's probably got some sistro in it.

Reaction score
I much preferred the Sounds on my Korg to the Yamaha sounds but do think that Yamaha acoustic pianos have a slight edge overall.

Reuben over on the Korg forum has some piano patches that are available to download foc, these are superb and much better than the standard offerings.

Yes Korg's arrangers need Eq adjustments to get the most out of the sounds where the sounds on my Kross 2 were better straight out of the box

Korg UK's webinars are simply brilliant, the next one is Pete Shaw again on Registrations.

Reaction score
I have downloaded all available so far Bonus Styles 1 to 37.
Is it possible to select from each of the Bonus loads the ones I mostly wish to use so I can have my own favorite loads.?.
Search very deep on Korg page, and you will find there a software called Korg Pa User Bank Manager Demo.
This an aplication only for windows XP and Windows 7. Not on windows 10.
With this, and because is a demo, you may align the styles from compatible sets to one user file: USER01. Then you continue making more sets as if they were for user1, but you will export them with names like USER02, USER03 until the limit. My EK-50 can recieve 6 users of 16 styles. So I stop that package when I reach the USER06.

Download this on the chapter Computer tools, on this page. https://www.korg.com/us/features/arrangers/bonusware/

Ask a Question