Korg M50 or Roland Fantom Xa? or something else?

Reaction score
Hi all!

Looking to purchase a used mid-range workstation with easy navigation. Mainly using it for practice, writing and recording. Most workstations seem like overkill for what I want to do but I'm looking for a wide array of industrial-type sounds and easy navigation.

I've spent the evening browsing online and came up with the Korg M50 or Roland Fantom Xa (since i found one used for sale). Am I heading down the right path or do you have other recommendations?

Also I've read Skipps articles and they were great; looking for any further insight. Thanks I appreciate it.

AC

Reaction score
The fantom Xa is an older workstation, the M50 came out recently, and it sure has very easy navigation, and more features then the Xa.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input! I tried out both the M50 and the Roland and both have many more features than I need, so I've decided I don't really need a full blown workstation.

So now I'm thinking I just need an arranger with midi capabalities, and a vast array of preset sounds, maybe a feature that allows you to play and record a loop.

A friend told me to just go with any lower end Korg model and I can't go wrong. He said if I can find any Korg for $300 then buy it.

What do you say?

Ask a Question