PX3 vs. Roland Juno Stage vs. Korg M5073 73 Key Synth

Reaction score
it's come down to these three I think for me. Struggling to find the right one.

I'm in a band, indie rock style... we do Springsteen, Tom Petty, Elvis Costello are some of the covers we play.

So what I need is:
1 - Light weight
2 - Keys should have nice feel, weighted preferred but semi-weighted is also fine
3 - Nice piano sounds, with some electric piano sounds and organ.
4 - Ease of use in a LIVE environment.
5 - and of course price... slightly under $1,000 would be perfect.

I like the Casio PX3, but doesn't have the knobs on it like the Korg and Roland have where I can easily tweak the various sounds.

I've played all 3 in Sam Ash, and of course the keys on the Casio felt the best. The sounds on the Korg were awesome, but again of all 3 of these keyboards the Korg keys felt the lightest (not a good feel for me).

I feel like I have a three-way tie here. Each of these boards have things I like and dislike, any suggestions on these three? Someone help me pull the trigger and get one!!

Reaction score
I gig regularly with the Juno Stage. I like the feel of the keys, it's very light, sounds are good (IMO). It's been discontinued. It is also not popular on the various forums I visit. If you can get them to do a good discount go for it - it's a good player's keyboard.

If you can't get the Juno Stage for a really good price - go for the PX-3 and add a second board when you can for synths, organs, strings etc...

Reaction score
I tried both, and obviously being more of a piano player I enjoy the Casio PX 3 better as far as the feel of the keys. What about the Kurzweil SP 76 which came out a few years ago... I saw one used for a pretty good price.

Again, much appreciated...

Ask a Question