Korg Microstation

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've always shied away from forums and the like as my understanding is that you supply tips and knowledge as well as seeking them and, as I have very little to offer in this area, it would always appear to be very one-sided. But I'm stuck until someone releases an "Idiots Guide" .

Cheers from North Wales GB

Reaction score
I thought I'd post in here to say "hi" because I too am new and have a MicroKorg (with the wobbly vocoder mic).

Am in a band, use the keyboard for a few songs, sing rock stuff, band is essentially a fun hobby with some mates who are far better musicians than I am.
:)

Reaction score
Hi, Many thanks for taking the trouble to respond. Sadly I have a "Microstation" not "Microkorg" so I don't think you could have helped.

I'm happy to hear you're in a band, even better with mates, better yet for fun !

Many years ago I've played with various outfits (drums) One such three piece used to play the North Wales circuits then the band went Pro based in Birmingham, Pro as in don't play don't eat !. We were doing prog rock stuff, Hendrix was alive and I had hair !

Our son's in Glamorgan Uni taking maths, what a loser, but he has introduced dad to various delights such a John Mayer et al so life's not too bad.

Good luck with the band and thanks again - "Oldman"

Reaction score
Hi Oldman.

I am one of those who worked for microSTATION and I'm very proud for this gear. You can be shure is a good choice. Is a serious workstation even is very small.
I'm here to help you if needed

Reaction score
Hi Dan, thanks for responding ! When trying to create a drum track using the sequencer I understand as far as putting the first track of say bass drum but don't understand how to add more tracks like snare etc. I change the key to press but it doesn't change when I press the grid buttons ??? Once I get over this hurdle it will really open up the possibilities for this great little machine.

Thanks - Oldman

Reaction score
Korg Microstation help

Korg need a firm kick up the ass for this. Quite by chance an obscure link took me back to the Korg USA site where, after " launching media player" there you'll find videos narrated by Korg's own Steve McNally giving you insites into how to navigate the various aspects of the Microstation including the grid sequencer etc.. These videos run for nearly one and a half hours !!. So you have to ask why at this late stage Korg see fit to only show these on the US site and not on the UK one ???????.

I am very grateful to them and hope other sufferers can now start to fully exploit this excellent little machine. One other thing, most of you guys have keyboards with midi in and out, then just treat it as a sound module that can also be accessed through its own keys ! Cheers !

Reaction score
Hi Dan & Oldman,

I've had the Korg W.S. for 2 weeks and am really enjoying it. Great sounds & features. Just scratching the surface of what it can do, but the manual is very cumbersome (too much cross referencing) and there are no FAQ on the Korg Websites for this product yet.

The Steve McNally videos help, and the 2 Dan Stesco videos on YouTube are a great overview of the variety of sounds & what you can do with them. (any chance you add the program numbers displayed on the 2nd video like the 1st?) To my technical query.

Dan,

I am trying to run Cubase Sequencer on the computer to drive the W.S. The W.S. plays the sounds no problems. However, when I try to record the sequence to the W.S. (with external midi activated) it will not sync when I start Cubase. What additional changes do I need to do to get the W.S. sequencer to Sync with the computer.

Also, when I change a bank / program on Cubase, the program on the corresponding W.S. track does not change. (this problem is probably related to the 1st question)

Any thoughts on this?

I have no problems using the W.S. sequencer on board to input music.

This is my 1st Forum entry, hope it dosen't ramble too much.

Regards
Greg

Reaction score
Hi Greg, Sorry can't help with computer stuff I use W.S. just as sound module triggered by weighted keyboard output to two Boss BR600s linked in tandem (the second BR600 was cheap used ) I'm still very happy with the W.S. and look forward to discovering more of its secrets throughout the coming years !

Kind regards from N.Wales GB - HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Reaction score
Hello Greg,

For sync you need to change the clock from global settings. Default is internal.
Follow this: (on Keyboards) GLB/MEDIA,down arrow,MIDI,right arrow,Channel,down arrow 4 times,when you see MIDI CLOCK,right arrow, Clock:internal,right arrow,up and down arrow to change for your connection: EXT.MIDI or EXT.USB.
Is verry easy if you use the editor . GLOBAL,MIDI,MIDI Clock... Don't forget to press DUMP after settings from right corner,to send your settings to Keyboards unit.

For program change: Default settings in song mod ( seq ) Program change is disable.

Use editor: Seq,Track Param,MIDI Filter1. Now enable program change on channel 1 to 16 or when you have need.

Happy New Year.
Dan

Reaction score
Hi Dan & Oldman,
Just back this afternoon from a wet week in a tent on holidays. Thank you for both replies, Dan I will try what you have suggested.
Regards
Greg

Ask a Question