New keyboard reqd...korg microstation?

Jac

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a new keyboard. I need layering capabilities, as in an organ, with multiple different instruments in both left and right hands. It needs to have usb for computer mixing, onboard sequencer, synth sounds, drum/accompaniment styles, and user made voices for quick live changes. 61 keys preferably and a vocoder would be nice but not necessary. Also needs a leslie type sound and good organ sounds (as in draw bar, etc)

Looking at spending up to $1000AUD. At present I have only found the korg microstation that would fill my needs and last a few years without going out of date too much...does anyone have any ideas please.

Thanks
Jac

Jac

Reaction score
Thanks Dave it does sound good....I have changed my mind about the korg mS and a few others as the thought of lugging an amp around plus the extra expense of it, I would rather put the extra money into a better keyboard.

I am now pricing a few yamahas....trouble is I don't know how many layers they would do or if they are just dual. And looking at the korg microarranger

Reaction score
Thanks Dave it does sound good....I have changed my mind about the korg mS and a few others as the thought of lugging an amp around plus the extra expense of it, I would rather put the extra money into a better keyboard.

I am now pricing a few yamahas....trouble is I don't know how many layers they would do or if they are just dual. And looking at the korg microarranger
The yamahas don't do organ well and don't accomodate drawbars on the fly. The PC361 does and has an excellent leslie simulation. I thought this was one of your criteria. For what you said you needed and the price range the PC361 seemed to fit the bill ....

Jac

Reaction score
I like a good organ, and also the opportunity to do a few synth sounds to meet the modern market. I eventually found some prices in Australia...:( only $2,200 , double my budget unfortunately.

looks like it's back to the drawing board, finding a good all round keyboard is so difficult and confusing

Reaction score
Over the past 6 months the PC361 has been blowing out for $999 USD frequently. If you have some patience for searching the internet, check EBAY where they are being blown out (still) frequently. Also check 'discountbrothers', 'Massmusic', 'NovaMusic'. All three frequently blow out the PC361 for somewhere between $999 and $1199.

Jac

Reaction score
Thanks Dave...

Looks like it'll be a waiting game to get the perfect machine at the right price

Jac

Reaction score
With the PC hooked up...isn't it a bit time consuming, and not so good when performing?

Ask a Question