Korg Trinity Pro Issues

Reaction score
Hi, I recently received a Korg Trinity Pro and it plays and sounds amazing BUT it has some issues.

Do you happen to have a Trinity and mind if I ask you a few questions?

I wanted to ascertain whether it’s my expectations set too high for a vintage instrument:

The display is a bit faint and touchscreen not responsive sometimes.
There’s a faint banding moving upwards on the bottom part, maybe not visible on the video:

The touchscreen doesn’t always register touch, sometimes I just need to touch lightly 3mm below the spot, other times it takes several harder presses.
[MEDIA]
Is this common? I’d love to replace the screen + touch, any idea what would I need exactly?
Is the banding symptom of something else wrong?

Also the combi and prog buttons need to be pressed hard to register.
Sometimes and sometimes they work with normal pressure. It’s like it goes in waves of a few seconds.

And the value slider skips numbers when sliding, especially at both ends.
Normal from what you recall?

I took videos of all symptoms as deciding whether to keep it or sending it back.
Keys, joystick, ribbon, sounds, floppy otherwise ok.

Thanks for looking!

Reaction score
update:

Touchscreen:
It’s worse when cold. It takes several tries to select an option, sometimes more pressure, sometimes offsetting the position by 2mm down. Sometimes a gently touch. Recalibrating didn’t help.
Is this something that could be solved by cleaning the touchscreen layer
or would it need replacing?

Buttons:
I’m still noticing random freezes of about one-two seconds where the keyboard fails to register button presses, maybe five times in a single evening.
This applies to sw1 sw2, sometimes prog and combi, plus and minus.
This is the biggest issue, any idea what might this be caused by? faulty motherboard?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Google “Korg Trinity touchscreen problems” and see what DIY options you have.

Old touchscreens of that vintage are all on their way to Silicon Heaven:D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question