Kronos 61, or stage 3 compact?

Reaction score
O - looking at these two boards. Either will be a second board to an RD2000. Piano sounds are NOT important to me (EPs as well) as Im more than happy with the RD.

My second board is currently a Roland FA07. Generally I like the board - it does most of what I want. What I am struggling with are organ sounds.

The RD has better sounds in general - their much meatier, but lack some nuances. the FAs are more accurate in the "noises" (clicks, leakage etc) and are more editable - BUT they are not as rich and it has no drawbars.

So - Looking at the organ sounds on a new board. The VR73-0 and Electros are good BUT Id lose a lot of synth stuff, as well as acoustic orchestral stuff (brass, woodwind etc).

So - looking for a semi weighted (preferably) or synth action board. Organ sounds are the most important, followed by VA/analogue synth stuff, then orchestral sounds.

The Nord has a bigger board, and a waterfall action - so that has the advantage purely on a keybed front, and price wise there almost identical.

So - which way to jump?

Reaction score
The Nord is limited as far as orchestral stuff. Both the Kronos and the Nord have virtual analog engines, but the Kronos has multiple types etc. But the Nord organs are liked by a lot of people.

Reaction score
The Nord is limited as far as orchestral stuff. Both the Kronos and the Nord have virtual analog engines, but the Kronos has multiple types etc. But the Nord organs are liked by a lot of people.

Hence why I posted NORD.

Very true about being limited but the piano and organ sounds on the Nords I have played are excellent.

If it were me I would just buy and use a Kronos, best of all worlds, do it all in one keyboard

Reaction score
Organ sounds are the most important, followed by VA/analogue synth stuff, then orchestral sounds.
Orchestral sounds: Kronos.
VA/Analog synth stuff: Tough choice. Kronos for breadth, Nord for immediacy of control.
Organ: Probably Nord, but if you go with Kronos, route the organ to an assignable out and send it to a Neo Ventilator, and then you won't miss the Nord.

Ask a Question