Kurzweil Forte ? Monitor or amplifier ?

Reaction score
Hi guys ! my name is bernard , i came from indonesia . i currently have move to LA to study in MI . i own kronos x , king korg , and microkorg.

i will be living in apartment , and i am about to buy new stuff ( because i left my gears in indonesia) .
i've bought moog sub 37 , then i want a good stage digital piano . Im thinking to buy either kurzweil forte or the nord stage ex 2 . The nord has to be preordered , so i dont think i want to wait for a month or two without a key . Do you guys think kurzweil forte is worth the price ? or do you guys have another recommendation ?

And , do you have any recommendation for the amp ? should i do amp / PA / monitors ? i prioritize sound quality than power . I'll use it in my apartment so no need for big power .

i am looking forward for your opinion , thankyou very much !

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No opinion on Kurzweil vs Nord here but if you are looking for sound quality then buy a set of nearfield monitors and a subwoofer. PA systems are inherently inferior in sound quality.

By all reports however, the Forte's German Piano voice is one of the best in today's industry. But sound is subjective. I wouldn't make a decision if I were you unless you had a chance to audition both instruments.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
The Forte offers both a new Steinway as well as a Yamaha. The Forte, in my view, sounds every bit as good as the Nord and is a better value. In case 88 keys aren't that important Kurz just announced a 76 weighted key version. Price/value I'd go with the Kurz. My two cents (which is all free opinions are worth). Also, Kurz customer support is world class in my opinion.

Ask a Question