Kurzweil Forte Question

Reaction score
Greetings All . . .

I am looking to purchase a new Kurzweil Forte to replace my ailing Korg T2. Everything from a sound and architecture perspective looks right for my uses, but I cannot find a dealer anywhere in my area that actually has one of these for me to try the keyboard feel. Hoping that someone on this forum actually owns or has at least seriously played one and can give me their honest perspective on the feel and responsiveness of the keyboard.

Thanks, in advance, for your help . . .
Marty

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Dave, I didn't realize that the Forte had the same keybed as my board.

In that case I have to say it's a very playable feel.

When I first received mine it was my first hammer action synth and I was put off by how heavy it was to play.

Then I discovered 7 different velocity curves on the keys and once I had set mine to curve #2 it became very playable.

Nowadays all my other synths feel cheap and loosey goosey by comparison and I use the Kurzweil as my #1 controller in my studio.

Bear in mind, however, that I am not a piano player by vocation or avocation and therefore you might want to take it with a grain of salt.

However, I do have to say it is the best action I have experienced compared to other synths which I have played in the past.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question