Kurzweil K2600 midi doubling issue

Reaction score
I dug out my old K2600 rack sampler - haven't fiddled with it in about 15 years - and am having a double-triggering issue when playing a song from a midi file. It's a simple kick and backbeat pattern, but is flamming and sometimes cancelling/phasing. I don't recall it doing this when the unit was in regular use, and I'm at a loss to troubleshoot it.

Full disclosure: I'm a drummer who used only about 5% of what the unit can do, and I've forgotten most of that since retiring this (and my older K200RS!)

Any help is appreciated!

Bermuda

Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy reply! Closest I can find to Local is the Control setting (on the MIDI XMIT screen) whose options are Both, MIDI or Local. But the drum channel goes away under the MIDI or Local options. Hmmm...

Still playing with it though, at least I have a backup of the files and can easily reload, which I've done a few times after a hard reset.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What about a full backup and factory reset? Desperate measures for desperate men :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks, will keep trying stuff. Other samples are starting to creep into the sequence now, that's new! The channel programs look right, but still getting other samples I loaded (as opposed to the unit's internal sounds.)

Funny, this all worked fine in 1996!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Is the internal battery working still? Though I don't think it is critical to operation in the K2600.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
The battery was dead, but I replaced it and got the same doubling/flanging. It doesn't sound like the other sounds/programs are doubled, they're pads (strings and sitar) but I don't hear any flanging.

Last edited:

Ask a Question