Kurzweil K2600XS - pitch wheel not working

Reaction score
I have a K2600 XS keyboard and , up until a few days ago the after touch pitch/bend wheel was working but it stopped all of a sudden. Opened it up to make sure the after touch ribbons were secure - any they were. Is there a config setting that may have been changed by accident to make it stop working? The rotary wheel still works fine.

Thanks,
Sunny

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
On Kurzweils every controller is configurable. It's probably available as both a global setting and as a setting on individual voice edits.

Sorry, but you'll have to RTFM on this one ;)

However, have you tested the pitch bend with an ohmmeter to make certain it's not a hardware failure? Easy enough to check.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks, Gary - you're so good to help a newbie to the Kurzweil world. :) I did see the configurable settings in the layers menu. Will check out the other options you mentioned in the Global settings and the ohmmeter route.

Take care,
Sunny

Reaction score
Do a hard reset of the keyboard. Anything accidentally turned off (like a pitch wheel setting) should reset itself. Make sure you save off your user programs first so that they are not lost.

Reaction score
Thanks! I figured it out - created a new setting and set one of the parameters (can't remember which one now) to "local". That did the trick!

Sunny

Ask a Question