Kurzweil K2600 - Master Volume slider doesn't seem to change volume - setting to turn on/off?

Reaction score
My master volume slider doesn't seem to raise or lower the volume of the midi channel mix in either headphones or speakers. This was working but may have been inadvertently turned off? Now, programmable Slider A seems to be the volume control. Anyone know where this setting might be? I've searched the manual but can't find it. Checked in Setup, Midi, and Program edits modes, but no luck.

Thanks,
Sunny

Last edited:
Reaction score
Potentially in the control setup, but again, I would just save your work and do a hard reset, it should return to normal.

Reaction score
Thanks! I found a solution last night - changed the Slider (A) config and it fixed the master volume slider issue - strange - but it works!

Sunny

Reaction score
Sounds as though they wrote software code where if you assign another controller to control volume then it disables the volume slider. I wonder if more current models also do that.

Reaction score
I think you may be right about the disabling of the volume slider. I thought the volume slider would be listed as a separate controller in the manuals and would have it's own setting, but apparently not.

Ask a Question