Kurzweil KP110 not sending MIDI data through USB cable.

Reaction score
This brand new keyboard is not sending any data through the cable. It was detected by Window as USB AudioDevice. I tried to work with him as controller in Cubase, Guitar Pro and despite the fact that the device was set there, no MIDI input appears when I play any note.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You may have to enable the USB MIDI in the Kurzweil's menu.

On my PC3K8 there are menu settings for Local, MIDI and USBMIDI ports to determine the MIDI routing of the instrument.

On the PC3K8 there's a dedicated MIDI button that brings up these settings. You might also want to check the Global Settings button.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Maniac.

The only mention of MIDI in the manual is on Page 26 and page 37.

Page 26 explains how to enable MIDI IN AND OUT and select the channel.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yes, that's the point. KP110 is quite simple, there is no menu. In the function there is option to select destination midi channel output, and, as it seems as plug-and-play (it appears connected) and even it's listed in Cubase DAW devices or guitar pro midi input for example, no signal of midi data appears. Sent this keyboard to the support if its compatible and received this answer:
Hello ...,

Thank you for your support of the Kurzweil family of musical instruments and pro audio electronics.
Yes the KP110 supports USBMIDI and uses your Mac/PC's own built in native USB drivers.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Best Regards,

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
How long is the USB cable and what type is it, USB 2 or USB 3?

Are you connecting to a USB 2 or USB 3 port on the computer?

Ask a Question