Kurzweil Mark 10W - is there a way to connect to Mac via USB cable?

Reaction score
I want to use my Kurzweil Mark 10W with Garage Band from my MAC and am wondering if that's even possible? Or should I just buy a cheap keyboard? Not trying to record anything.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's an ancient keyboard and I'm not going to look it up,

BUT,

While IF it has a USB port it probably requires a proprietary driver that hasn't been updated in 20 years but you could try hooking it up to the mac to see if it is USB MIDI class compliant. If it works great, no harm no foul. If not, then we go to PLAN B...

PLAN B involves picking up a USB MIDI interface from Amazon that IS class compliant and plugging into the 5 pin DIN MIDI ports which I'm pretty sure it has. Then plug the other end into your mac and Bob's yer uncle. THIS WILL WORK...

At this point you should be able to use it as a MIDI controller for all sorts of VST instruments.

Good luck with this.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Welcome.

Plan C

Just buy a MIDI controller keyboard, it will probably far less hastle then trying to get your Keyboard working.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Biggles > The Kurzweil Mark 10 is one of Kurzweil's home piano series. Replacing it with an 88 key hammer action board would be a spendy endeavor. :p As long as it's working well there's absolutely no reason to replace it.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question