Kurzweil Mark 150 Plus Mark 10/10W Ensemble Grand 1998

Reaction score
My grand has been fine for years, but Tuesday I placed a disc and it didn't play and is now stuck. Is there any way I can get it out? Later that day I tried to get the disc out, but didn't have any luck. I was still able to play the piano. Now I have a new problem. It won't power on or off! I have tried rebooting it, but it won't turn on or off. Any suggestions? I haven't ever had any problems with it until now.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
1) UNPLUG IT AND DON'T MESS WITH IT POWERED ON AT ALL!!!

2) I presume we're talking 3.5" floppy here and what sometimes happens with cheaper quality floppies is that the metal door over the disk surface deforms when opened and gets jammed in the mechanism.

If this is the case then the options are to remove and replace the entire mechanism itself or to open up the floppy drive and attempt a rescue of the old hardware (which may or may not fail in similar fashion again very soon)

Unless you are comfortable with the idea of opening up and replacing the floppy drive yourself I'd say simply pay a service tech $150 to do it for you.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question