Appraisal of Kurzweil Mark 10 Ensemble Grand

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for some advice as i am not a musician and don't know about electric keyboards. I've been holding on to my father's Kurzweil Mark 10 Ensemble Grand but now looking to sell but I have no idea what it is worth. It is about 12 years old give or take and in great condition. Any advice would be appreciated!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
To be fair it's at least 20 years old and likely to fail needing service anytime now. Electronics does not age gracefully after that span of time.

Considering that better electronic pianos can be had from Casio or Yamaha these days for around $500 and up new, I'd say you should price it accordingly.

My advice would be to not be greedy and ask between $300 and $450 for it depending on how badly you want to get rid of it.

It would be a great starter piano for a child starting out at the right price.

Hope this helps...

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Gary. Are you sure it's that old? I thought my dad bought it new but perhaps he bought it used and I didn't realize it. If it's 20 years old, it's in amazing condition are hardly used. will be a great buy for someone. Thanks again.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The copyright on the manual reads 1993. It's at least 20 years old if not older. At that age capacitors start to leak and rubber contact switches start to harden and break.

Trust me, if anyone ends up using it at all they will end up having to drop another couple of hundred on servicing it in the long run.

If you're looking to sell it on Craigslist then I'd say $300 to $450 is a reasonable expectation for the price and then only if it truly is in great condition.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Gary. Are you sure it's that old? I thought my dad bought it new but perhaps he bought it used and I didn't realize it. If it's 20 years old, it's in amazing condition are hardly used. will be a great buy for someone. Thanks again.
I'm replying quite late as I too have I've which I purchased in 1996 so gary was about right. I know I paid over$2000 thinking my son would learn on it as he's musically gifted but here it said asked he if noise 41 and no interest in taking it. Did you ever sell yours and for how much?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You're replying to a 3 year old post so time has passed and adjust your price accordingly.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question