Kurzweil PC3A8

Reaction score
Good day everyone
Am new here.
Seeking for any help.
I have a kurzweil PC3A8 . A lovely board.
The keyboard won't load . Turned on but won't load. Thru some research on YouTube I found someone having same issue. His diagnosed was that the Loggic IC on the control board was faulty.
Me instead of repairing the PCB I ordered a new PCB

SKU​
Qty​
FRONT CONTROL PANEL PCB newver - PC3 PC3X PC361 PC3K8 PC3A8 - USE W/ AMS-101040064002(LCD) - AMS-
From instrumentalparts.com.
After installation the PC3A8 still won't load.
Any help please.
Someone says I should change the I/O board.

I/O BOARD - PC3X PC3K8 PC3A8 - AUDIO/POWER - AMS-1011001050.​

Reaction score
Remove all connections from the back of the keyboard other than the power cord, then start the keyboard and see if it wiil boot up and run. This has happened to me and each time it was a pedal with a broken connector. If it boots up then add (connect) one pedal and restart. When it doesnt reach "load" then you know there is either something wrong with that pedal or the jack it is connected to. Also, vigorously move all of the sliders up and down several times as well as the mod and pitch wheels. Stage one of the startup process (initializing) the software is scanning all the controllers (sliders, mod wheel, pitch wheel, pedals), if it perceives a problem with a controller it wont move to 'loading'.

If that doesnt work then open up the service compartment under the keyboard. It is a tray with 8 or so screws. Reseat all connectors inside the tray. Then try firing up the keyboard. If that doesnt work then the keyboard will need servicing by a professional.

Ask a Question