Late to the party

Reaction score
I'm an old guy who's taken on the pursuit of learning to play piano. I've got a Yamaha PSR EW310 to learn on. I hope to talk with you all as I post some questions.

Reaction score
Welcome.

One is never to late to join the party.

Your Yamaha will serve you well, just don’t try to use the inbuilt learning systems, they are pretty poor and the minute screen does not help.

The EW with its 76 note keybed is a good choice to start to learn on.

If you have a iPad connect that up and use an App to help you learn, Flowkey, Playground Sessions, Skoove, Simply Piano etc. of these Playground Sessions is probably one of if not the best.

Look at the beginner section where Gary especially has posted great links.

Reaction score
Welcome.

One is never to late to join the party.

Your Yamaha will serve you well, just don’t try to use the inbuilt learning systems, they are pretty poor and the minute screen does not help.

The EW with its 76 note keybed is a good choice to start to learn on.

If you have a iPad connect that up and use an App to help you learn, Flowkey, Playground Sessions, Skoove, Simply Piano etc. of these Playground Sessions is probably one of if not the best.

Look at the beginner section where Gary especially has posted great links.
Wow, thanks for the info. And yes, I have an iPad so thanks for pointing that out.

Reaction score
Actually, the beginner's section wasn't my contribution.

Mine are in the https://www.keyboardforums.com/forums/technique-and-posture.59/

Great stuff while you're struggling with tempo, time signatures, chord progressions, etc. the boring nuts and bolts stuff about technique and sight reading and theory,,,
Yeah, bought a couple of piano courses on Udemy. I guess the big thing is learning chords as it's easier than the normal lessons. I know my keys and intervals. It's just learning the chords, both major and minor. I didn't realize how many chords there are. Thanks so much for the info.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

Ask a Question