Lessons Section/ Music Sheet Section?

Reaction score
Maybe we should make a lessons section. For people who are roughly new at keyboard. We could have lessons created by members of the site and have lessons and tips in there.

I understand the Article section so far gave us tips on Technique and Posture but maybe we can put that article in the lessons section.

We could use the Article Section mainly for reviews or previews on keyboards, keyboard company updates, interviews, anything keyboard related.

------

We should also make a Music Sheet Section or something. This way people on the site can simply learn how to play songs on their keyboard. Who knows maybe we can event some sort of keyboard tabs to make it easier for people to read if they cannot read music sheets.

(This is just a suggestion. you can give me feedback on this suggestion if you wish.) Trying to help out the community a bit :D

Reaction score
I totally agree. Either that, or add more stuff into the Articles section. But I suppose that it will be easier to find if it's on the forums.

And for the "keyboard tabs" part, Guitar Pro actually has that kind of feature. Atleast it allows people who can't read sheets to learn some songs :)

But, if you can't read sheets, I think it's better to try and learn that, instead of cheating and take shortcuts to learn new songs, eventually you will need to be able to read sheets anyways.
I've cheated quite a lot on that part, I've learned almost all my songs through Guitar Pro, which I kind of regret now, since I have a homework over the summer to learn a song (that I've never heard) only by reading the sheets. And as you can guess, I'm struggeling a bit with it :p.

Aaaanyways, feels like I'm getting a bit off-topic... I'm totally on your side on this suggestion :)

Reaction score
I know Ultimate-Guitar has this kind of feature as well, where members can submit lessons and tabs.

I believe with the help of some experienced people, other new keyboard players can learn better. We could have lots of members coming for lessons, and we can teach more and more.

We could actually have a lesson to learn to read sheets (haha).

Reaction score
Keyboard tabs?? That would be fun to make...

But I'm all in favour of a lessons/sheet music section.

thanks I really want this to happen because I wish to see this forum grow because of how useful it can be. Not many keyboard forums out there...

Reaction score
Yea A Music sheet Section would be badass and it could attract quite a good lot of people.

We could alos, just like UG have Video lessons by members.

Just throwin in more ideas :p

Reaction score
Yeah, Video lessons would be great... But I guess that's a matter of bandwith as well, since videos takes some space.

Reaction score
I would love to have some links to site that offer free sheet music for stuff that's in public domain (like most classical stuff). I tend to always be looking for music that is out of print.

Reaction score
there is a page called pianofiles(type it like that on google, and you'll find it) where each person registers and post their sheets, and if you want one, you just have to send an e-mail to anyone who has that sheet, and they will send it, or trade it for one you have submitted before, it's really great.
Kristian

Ask a Question